It’s Super Bowl Sunday! Around our house, today is like the third best holiday next to Halloween and Christmas (hubby Chris is a huuuge sports nerd). And I’m not even a sports fan. The Super Bowl is still fun to watch because it’s the perfect excuse to hang out, have a drink or two, eat comfort food, and stay warm n’ cozy with friends.
As an advertising writer, I love watching the commercials. However Canada gets a weird assortment that isn’t exactly what the folks down south see. I still like to weigh in on the selection that we do get, ranking them from best to worst.
This year, the big game features the Los Angeles Rams versus the New England Patriots. If you feel like you’ve heard that before, it’s because the New England Patriots have played in the Super Bowl for the past three years back-to-back. Tom Brady is some kind of super-human athlete – consistently coming out on top very late in his career.
So how do you make Super Bowl 2019 entertaining when you aren’t a football fan, don’t like ads, avoid munchies, and could care less about Maroon 5? Two words: Prop bets. According to SBNation, a prop bet is defined as “a bet on a specific action happening”. For example, you can bet on how long it will take Gladys Knight to sing the national anthem.
Here are a few bets that make Super Bowl 2019 entertaining if you’re not a football fan:
- How long will it take for Gladys Knight to sing the US National Anthem? Over/Under 2 minutes.
- Gladys Knight’s Attire During the National Anthem Dress/Pants
- Will Gladys Knight Kneel During National Anthem? Yes/No
- What colour will Adam Levine’s shoes be when he begins his Halftime show performance? White/Black/Brown/Blue/Red/etc.
- How many Maroon 5 songs will they sing at Halftime? Over/Under 4 Songs
- How many times will Giselle Bundchen (Tom Brady’s wife) be shown on TV during broadcast? Over/Under 2
- Will someone streak during the game? Yes/No
- What colour of Gatorade will be poured on the game winning coach?
- Which commercial will win the Super Bowl of Ads? Doritos/Budweiser/Etc.