Studio Do is where friends (and wine) make crafting more fun!
Do Sask’s mission is to cultivate meaningful relationships through fun events. We help people connect by producing experiences like craft workshops and speed dating in Saskatoon.
Do Sask, in partnership with Wet Paint Pottery, is thrilled to announce the creation of an after-hours, adults-only studio space where friends new and old gather, get inspired and create together.
Presenting Studio Do #1: a Night Out for Crafty Adults
Wet Paint Pottery will open its doors after-hours, while Do Sask provides everything you need to make a project you will be proud of and an opportunity to meet new people while you’re at it!
Do Sask is working hard to develop upscale craft projects all the time. Studio Do’s list of projects is growing to include jewellery, seasonal decor, glass work, and more.
I am looking for new projects all the time, so stay tuned for details and to register.
What you get when you register for Studio Do #1:
- Learn how to make your own glass terrarium with my help and TAKE IT HOME;
- An opportunity to meet new friends in the city over 4 minute conversations;
- A glass of wine as the cherry-on-top of an already jam-packed social mixer.
If you don’t see a project you’d like to make, leave a suggestion. I really listen.
How Studio Do #1 will shake down:
- Guests will be split into two groups, one group will tackle the craft project while the other mingles at speed friending.
- Half-way through the evening we’ll trade places to let everyone have an opportunity to get the most out of their time in the studio. (For example if you were crafting in the first half you’ll switch to speed friending in the second half.)
- Crafts are small enough to finish in the allotted time, but big enough to feel good about the end result.
- Speed friending is like speed dating, except open to everyone in their 20s and 30s looking to meet new friends. This includes men, women, couples, singles, marrieds, etc. (There will be no date matching, as in regular Speed Dating.)
- All guests are entitled to one complimentary beverage with their registration.
Okay, on to the important stuff… like YOUR INVITATION!
You’re invited to the very FIRST after-hours adult craft night and speed friending.
Studio Do #1
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
7 to 9 pm at Wet Paint Pottery
Must be 19+ to attend.
You will make your own Wine Glass Terrarium, potentially meet a bunch of new friends, and enjoy a glass of wine in a relaxed, casual environment.
Click HERE to register.
What’s a terrarium? It’s a mini ecosystem complete with plants, moss, rocks, soil and more. Building a tiny terrarium is like creating your own little world. There’s a lot of power in mini-gardening. And it’s WAY less work than the real thing.
Add some fresh greenery to your home, or give it as a gift alongside a bottle (or box) of vino. Easy and decorative DIY wine glass terrariums are incredibly stress-free to maintain, love an abundance of sun and are drought tolerant.
If you’ve always wanted to know how to go about creating your very own terrarium, this is the place to start.
Includes all materials:
- Detailed instructions
- high quality vessel
- Coloured rocks/pebbles and other decor
- terraring tools (chopstick and spoon)
I WANT YOU AT STUDIO DO #1!
It isn’t a party until you walk in. So, please let me know if you’ll be there by clicking HERE.